These so called friends

THESE SO CALLED FRIENDS
By Florence Chikumba
U6A, Royal College

The pain caused by a friendship marred is not easy to overcome. These so called friends have let me down. We all have certain expectations of our friendship, and when they fall short we feel betrayed.
You are my best friend but I don’t know you anymore. It hurts so badly when I think of what you have done, you never invited me, you never ring or call. Rather you have shut me out and lost the key to the door. I think that just says it all. In my awful dark despair I really thought you would care a note, an apology or even a hi, but you were too mean to use any of these powers. You carried on, it did not matter, but you had left me alone. To lie and cover up, I accepted slighted, forgotten and disliked and still I would be kind and gentle even under provocation.
I don’t think I needed to explain, I have fought enough for us and its now up to you, I no longer have strength. But my question is why? I guess such is life. I want you to know my heart is deeply wounded because you ate your words and decided to choose them over me. You need your space but I need your love to wipe these tears from my sad beautiful face.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyika yaparara by Mavis Z

Concert of Europe: Advanced level history

The other syllabus by Sam Nyamuziwa