The other syllabus by Sam Nyamuziwa

The Other Syllabus

I had the lab science the ecology  of texts  
and language  of the pages
I like it all
as my joy spilled
with the test tube disasters
and the teachers harmless roar
like a trapped mouse
than .I left the lab ,
vomited from the lab syllabus
The streets ,they had me also
A scuffle followed :the other  syllabus
Bosses frowned
at my heat lab qualification
only to declare them rabble
Then l pocketed them
now a wounded lion
l crawled through streets
Streets that yawn in my face
like starved ghosts turned bitter
than a sick rat
l gnawed at the remains
of this civilisation that rots
My comfort then lay in the rat-hole
where husband ,wife ,child , pot ,fire ,
Mealie-meal
share the same met
and only mother’s empty nipple
soothes  the starved gums
of children who lie like discarded biltong
in this raid of slain dreams

BY CHENJERAI HOVE
PUBLISHED  BY SAM NYAMUZIWA      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nyika yaparara by Mavis Z

Concert of Europe: Advanced level history